We have been using SurveilStar Any Web Protection as our Computer Monitoring Software for watching our students online. It gives us peace of mind when they go online to surf the web. SurveilStar has allowed us to monitor our kids activities from any web browser we choose. ...
SurveilStar allows our teachers to quickly, and easily view what is happening in real time on our school's entire network with a single click from one centralized location. Now we can see what students are doing in real time from a central location! ...
We can use SurveilStar to regain control of computer usage in our classrooms. See an instant snapshot of all screens in our class to make sure students are working and not surfing the Internet or playing games. View web sites visited and much more. ...
SurveilStar Any Web ProtectionIncrease Time on Task for Students and Reduce the Time of goofing off
Time-on-task is defined as the percentage of classroom time when students are actively engaged in learning. When students are actively engaged in learning they are: Focused, Listening, Reading, Writing, Discussing, and Learning.
But with the technology development today, network has been one of the most important tool of communication and more and more students spend considerable time on social websites, online games and goof off on school network. Do you find that your students spend several hours on the internet, either playing games, chatting with friends, or browsing websites? Do you find that when they sit in front of the PC, they just lose the track of time? Do you find that they have a poor academic performance due to the excessive online activities? If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, your students may be suffering from online addiction. It's necessary for you to help these students to increase time on task.
How can we do to increase student time on task?
Firstly, we should administrate children's online time. SurveilStar Any Web Protection allows you to set limits on how much time your students spends on the computer or online to ensure they could spend more time on study and increase time on task. You can share the same computer among your students by setting an individual time table for each student. Also you can prevent the PC usage until the specified date, after the specified date or between specified dates. SurveilStar Any Web Protection records all actions to a log file so you will know when and how much your child used the PC. The password control prevents unauthorized users to change settings and uninstall the product.
Setting the time limit for your students to use the PC is also important to maintain their studies, health, etc. If you are doubtful about your students spending too much time on internet games, if you don't expect that the excessive online behaviors affect your students normal life in a rather harmful manner, if you want to increase student time on task and reduce the time of goofing off, the first thing you should realize is that you should take action now to stop the online addiction. Surveilstar Any Web Protection is the software that would assist you in doing so and increase student time on task.
Features to Increase Time on Task
• Limit time the students spend on the PC
• Limit computer time when students play games
• Control time when students work on pc or online
• Specify time when your students surfing internet
• Restrict access to computer system time
• Block students from visiting malicious, inappropriate websites or web site categories during specified time range to maker sure they don't wasting to much time on social websites and increase their time on task.
• Allow students browsing certain websites or website categories and custom web site categories according to your management needs
• Limit the usage of inappropriate applications/ application categories (e.g., AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Worldcraft)
• Prohibit students from using specific applications or application categories during a specific time range and categorize all applications according to your management needs
• Send warning messages to users if they are trying to run unpermitted applications, pop up alert messages if unauthorized users access to prohibited applications
• Block FTP port, download ports and illegal network share
• Block email by time, sender, recipient, subject, and email size. Block emails with attachments or attachments exceeding limited size.
• Block IM outgoing files with specific file names. Block specified users from sending files via IM applications
Monitor Students Internet to Increase Time on Task
• Take real-time screen snapshots, monitor remotely multi-computer screens, and review screen history to allows the teacher to quickly view each student’s screen.
• Record both sent and received emails and webmails from Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook / Outlook Express, etc.
• Record instant messages from AOL Chat, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Facebook & Myspace Chat, etc.
• Record all websites visited and let you know which websites they visited and how much time they spent on the sites.
• Present a statistic on pages visited, time and length of visit, the application usage.
• Provide the password to ensure that only authorized people have access to SurveilStar Network Monitor Software.